Saturday, February 22, 2014

Welcome!

If you're anything like me you have shoes and clothes (maybe mostly t-shirt and comfy pants or shorts) that you've have for a long time. They either have a special meaning, they were a gift, a hand me down from a friend (and you're scared to get rid of it because they might notice), or you're hoping that one day it'll fit again. I can find a reason to keep all of my clothes and shoes. I can even tell you a good story why I should keep them!
A few weeks ago I went to a small swap meet with some of the ladies from my church. I was amazed at home many clothes I took to get rid of! Sad thing was though that I still have one and a half dressers, one closest and 3 60+ gallon tubs of clothes! That's not even counting my shoes! When I got home I was watching something with my husband where the character burned all of her stuff to get rid of bad memories, so I thought I'd do the same. I went through my clothes and shoes and got a full tote or tub thing of clothes that brought back bad memories. But I still feel like I have too many clothes and shoes.
So long story short, I thought that I'd make this blog about what I have to keep me for buying more if I don't really need it. Every day I'm going to wear a different pair of shoes, a different shirt and a different pair of pants, skirt or dress until I have worn everything once.
Anyone that is willing to try this with me is more than welcome and feed back on why or why not to keep things is always welcome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment